Background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lime-Glazed Citrus Tea Cakes - by Summer

Usually when I set about making a recipe for this project, I typically try to plan out the best time for it.  Maybe we'll be having company for dinner or it's book club or something special is coming up.  For the remaining two recipes this month, I have very specific plans, but for these little cakes, I really didn't have anything coming up.  So this afternoon as my son was tearing apart my kitchen cabinets, I decided to make these little cakes.

I pretty much had everything on hand to make them except lime juice for the glaze and a lemon for the zest.  Fortunately I do my grocery shopping on Sundays, so I picked some up earlier in the day and I was good to go!  I also don't have 8 x 4 pans.  This recipe makes enough for two of those.  I have slightly smaller pans, so I used three of them instead.  I adjusted the baking time, so instead of 40 minutes, I checked them after 30.  They bake about 5 minutes longer and were perfect.

This is a tasty little cake.  I think it's perfect for this time of year as it seems "springy" to me and spring is right around the corner (right?!)  I really liked the lime glaze on top too.  I would definitely make these cakes to bring as a hostess gift.  I also think they would work well for a brunch in the spring or summer time.  I will definitely make these again!

1 comment: