Background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Coffee-Chocolate Chip Blondies - by Summer

I have never made blondies before.  I am a chocolate gal, so I usually turn to brownies when I want something quick and easy to make.  I was curious about these because they include espresso powder.  I actually went to the store and bought some for the first time.  It's sort of hard to find, but now I have it!

These bars come together really quick.  You melt the butter and brown sugar, which means you don't need to have the butter at room temperature!  Although, I did actually have it set out for awhile, so mine was.  Anyhow - there's no need for a mixer with this recipe, which was a nice change of pace.  I also used toasted pecans instead of walnuts for the recipe.

I checked my blondies after about 20 minutes, but they ended up baking for the full 25 minutes.  Once their cooled, the recipe stated that the easiest way to cut them was to put them in the fridge for 20 minutes.  After dinner tonight I just took a knife and started cutting.  I didn't have any problems.

I really like the taste of these a lot.  They were different, but I really liked the taste of the coffee in them.  I definitely can see making these again.  My husband wasn't crazy about them, but I wasn't overly surprised since he likes sweet things less then I do.  If you don't like coffee, then these bars probably aren't for you (sorry Lisa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment