Background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lime-Glazed Citrus Tea Cakes - by Lisa


I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed these cakes! This was one of the recipes I chose for this month, and I'm really pleased with how they turned out! (As were all my house guests!) I totally agree with Summer about how these seem like a perfect for Spring kind of cake. I could totally see enjoying these as part of an Easter brunch.

They were pretty easy to make, despite the mildly time consuming portion of adding in fresh grated lemon peel, fresh squeezed orange juice and fresh squeezed lime juice. BUT it is obvious that adding in all these super fresh ingredients makes a huge difference in how the cake tastes.



The cakes themselves were incredibly moist and even a touch spongy. I was afraid it would be a drier cake, but I should've realized the sour cream would give these cakes a more tender crumb. I also really liked the zippy tartness of the lime glaze. I never would have thought to make a glaze with lime juice but it was the perfect accent for this citrus cake. I am looking forward to making these again!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't use fresh squeezed orange or lime juice . . . did I miss that in the recipe? I didn't use fresh squeezed, but I still they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete