Background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Coffee-Chocolate Chip Blondies - by Lisa

Really, the title of this entry should read Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies - by Lisa because I made these without the espresso powder since I wanted to enjoy eating them. :) As I've mentioned in other posts, I don't drink coffee, and consequently I don't like anything coffee flavored. The beauty of baking at home is that you can control things like this to give you a flavor you enjoy! :) I am so glad that I did omit the espresso powder because I LOVED THIS DESSERT! I don't think I've ever really had blondies before, but to me these were like the most perfect chocolate chip bar cookies. They were soft, a little chewy, wonderfully flavored and simply hit the spot. These are for sure on my favorite list.

So I was going to make these last weekend, but I've been fighting a cold that has been kicking my butt all week. I'm relieved that they were indeed easy to pull together. I chose to do this one because I happened to have all the ingredients already on hand. (I forgot to mention that I also skipped out on the walnuts because I don't really enjoy nuts in baked goods.)


I made it earlier in the day, so it had plenty of time to cool by the time we were ready to cut into it. I don't really have any details to report aside from finding it a pleasant change to not have to use my stand mixer (as Summer also noted). As you can probably guess, I will definitely be making these again! (And again and again and again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment