Background

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tres Leche Cake - by Lisa

Oh man, turn on the nice weather and I turn into a TOTAL slacker! We have had some insanely gorgeous weather here in the Midwest, and I have been soaking up every last minute of it! I have actually been doing some baking, but I've been spending a lot less time inside on the computer. :)

So while Summer managed to whip out 3 recipes in the first week of the month, I haven't been quite as ambitious. :P I did purchase all the extra ingredients I'd need for each recipe early on and that worked out particularly well for this cake. Our neighbors invited us over for a last minute BBQ two weekends ago, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to share this cake!

Assembling the cake was real easy, although I do think I let it bake a couple minute too long. I wound up with a domed cake which made it tricky for absorbing the milks.

I also don't think I poked enough holes in it. I spent a good 30-40 minutes coaxing the cake into soaking up the milks, and when I finally got about 3/4 of the way thru the bowl, I called it quits.


Originally I wasn't going to put a topping over it, but the poor cake looked so ugly I had to cover it with home made whipped cream! I'm glad I did, because I think it enhanced the flavor of the cake.

Just about everyone at the BBQ really enjoyed it. I had a few people even ask for the recipe. I'm extra glad I could share it because it meant a lot less leftovers at home! Hubby and I each had mixed feelings about it. He didn't like it cold, and I just wasn't a huge fan of the texture (surprise surprise :P ). I'd never made one before tho, so I'm glad I had the chance to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment