Background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars - by Summer

We didn't have much planned today, and we didn't have anything sweet to eat in the house, so I thought we would make these bars this morning.  If you are a fan of PB&J sandwiches (which I am), then really, how can you go wrong with these?  I even had the peanut butter chips on hand.

This was really easy to make - sort of like making peanut butter cookies, but easier.  First you make the base, reserve a cup of that and press the remaining mixture into a pan.
Then you spread the jelly over the top.  I used strawberry preserves.
After that you crumble the reserved topping and sprinkle that over the top of the jelly.
My bars baked for about 26 minutes.  I was worried that they weren't completely done, but the edges were getting pretty brown, so I took them out.
 I loved these bars!  It was like a peanut butter cookie, but better because of the jelly.  And because they are a bar, they are actually easier and far less time consuming to make than cookies.  I will definitely be making these again and again. And I look forward to trying different types of jelly with them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment