Background

Friday, March 30, 2012

Grapefruit Granita - by Lisa

Yes, I confess I've been deliberately putting this one off. I even bought a bunch of grapefruit early on, but they got eaten up before I could juice them for this recipe, so I had to buy more :) I also didn't think that I had any decent vodka to use that wasn't vanilla flavored. However, I was very pleasantly surprised to find I had some Absolut Citron on hand! How perfect for this recipe. :)


Anywho, I kept putting it off because I didn't think I would like it very much. (And really, how foolish given the amazing summer-like weather we were having the first several weeks of March!!)

Once again I was proven wrong, and would I have ever missed out on a yummy treat had we not committed to making every single recipe in this book!

This was super easy to make. All I had to do was make some simple syrup, juice the grapefruit (about 3 1/2 for 3 cups of juice) mix those together, and add the vodka and a little salt. It all got poured into a 9x13 pan and placed in the freezer for a few hours. I had to stir it every once in a while to eliminate chunks, but that was easy enough to do. :)

Pre-freeze
After about 5 hours, we dug in and WOW was this yummy! I can't believe I ever hesitated to make it! And I bet it would be good with all sorts of different fruit juices (mmmm....watermelon!) and changing it up with different flavored vodkas would be fun too! I will for sure be making this a regular summertime treat - for the grownups anyway! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment