Background

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Double Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding - by Lisa

 Yes, I confess I was putting off making this one. However, I did not mean to put it off thru the end of the month! Whoops! I wish I had re-read Summer's entry before making this because I would have done half the recipe. Oh well, live and learn. :)

Anyway, I will be the first to admit that I am not a fan of bread pudding which is the main reason why I wasn't excited about making this. However, I was VERY pleasantly surprised over how tasty this was! The croissants added a delightful crisp that took away the usual weird texture issues I have with bread pudding.

Mmmm....chocolate. Need I say more?
 And the chocolate, oh my the chocolate decadence! Yes, I was cursing the chocolate during the whole chopping process, but boy oh boy was it worth it! I did use the chocolate croissants as well.


The whole house smelled divine while this was baking.

Pre-bake resting time
The dish did puff up quite a bit - enough to truly surprise me. But as Beth indicated, it fell gently as it cooled.

Oh the puff!
Seriously! Check out the puffiness of this monster!
The one downside to making this dish was the prep time. I started working on it a little after 8, and we didn't get to sample it until close to 11pm. I think I lost quite a bit of time to the chocolate chopping which really shouldn't surprise me. The milk chocolate was easy to chop, but the semi-sweet was harder and just a lot more time intensive. We enjoyed it thoroughly on its own without feeling the need to add any ice cream or whipped cream. Now I wished I'd made it sooner to share over the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment