Background

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pear-Tart Cherry Crisp - by Summer

I'm a little behind with my posting this month.  I made this dessert for Easter Sunday.  Our friend invited us over for dinner and I was instructed to bring dessert.  I loved making this dish.  It's quick, tasty, and looks great.


You use can pears and dried cherries, which is great because you can make this any season!  Our son has been really enjoying dried cherries lately for snacks, so we had plenty on hand.  Instead of using the food processor to make the topping, I opted to use my pastry cutter.

I ended up patting down the topping like the recipe called for, but I think I patted it too much.  I normally like a more crumbly topping, but it didn't impact the outcome.  I served this with whipped cream and it was wonderful.  The dried cherries became slightly plump - yum.  Oh - I did add a bit more flour to the fruit because when draining the pears, I realized that there was a bit extra juice and I wanted to make sure it thickened up nicely, which it did.  I would definitely make this again!
Pre-baking

I forgot my camera at home, so I don't have any pictures of the crisp cut, with the whipping cream - oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment