Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Currant Scones - by Lisa

Oh my oh my oh my. These scones were AMAZING. For as long as I've lived in WA, I have been absolutely in love with Fischer scones. These scones kick the crap out of those! :D I actually made these over the weekend, and they barely lasted the day. I let them cool for about 20 minutes, and they were just perfect. Like Summer, I actually didn't use currants. But I had plenty of dried cranberries on hand, so I tossed in a little over 1/2 cup of those instead.
I had similar concerns as Summer when the dough wasn't coming together in the bowl quite as I expected. But once I dumped it out and started kneading it, it finally started sticking together. I also opted to cut it into triangles, but for some reason I wasn't thinking when I started slicing, so I wound up with a bunch of odd sizes.




These seemed to be done after about 18-19 minutes. I could have let them go a minute or two longer as well, but I was also afraid of drying them out and possibly burning them. They were incredibly flaky but still slightly moist which I think is the perfect combination. I am already planning on making them again this week!

1 comment:

  1. I made two batches of these scones while my parents were here this past weekend. I did the dried apricots and then dried cherries. So amazing! And they taste just as good a day or two later!!!

    ReplyDelete