Background

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Orange-Scented Chocolate Chip Cookies - by Summer

Great minds must think alike!  I had been planning on making these cookies this week too!!  A funny little side note about this recipe.  Originally we had talked about making these cookies just over a year ago when I was coming to the end of my pregnancy with my son.  We had talked about doing one more additional recipe if I ended up going late.  But ultimately I decided that I was too crabby and uncomfortable to even think about baking :-)

So here we are a year later baking these cookies!  Like Lisa, my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe is Tollhouse.  And also like Lisa, I was considering refrigerating these for a few hours before baking.  I read Lisa's post and decided to just bake them right away.  Personally, I would probably refrigerate them before baking in the future.  Mine spread out a lot when they baked and I was hoping for a more dense cookie.

I also yielded between 4 and 5 dozen cookies (more than enough for my dad to sample some this weekend when he comes to visit) and they took about 11-12 minutes in my oven.  I can't say that I overly enjoyed the orange flavor in these.  I think I just love plain chocolate chip cookies too much.  My husband agreed that the orange took away from them.  I am interested in making this recipe, minus the orange zest in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment