I picked this recipe knowing that I was going to replace the currents with something else. Originally I had planned for dried cherries, but my son ate most of those this week. I had some dried apricots on hand (he doesn't like those), so I cut them into quarters to use for this recipe.
My dough was very crumbly after I added the cream and vanilla. I was tempted to add more cream, but instead just worked it into a disk. I wouldn't really call my technique kneading, but it did come together. The recipe calls for using a small cookie cutter, but I opted to just make triangles with a knife. I figure there would be no waste and that is the typical shape you see scones.