Background

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dottie’s Deluxe Noodle Pudding - by Lisa

To be honest, I totally was not looking forward to making this dessert. In fact, I kept putting it off and putting it off until tonight. I just had such a hard time thinking that egg noodles would be good in a dessert! But I have to admit that it turned out better than I thought it would, tho like Summer, the texture definitely weirded me out. But my guinea pig testers all really enjoyed it - especially the boys who immediately went back for seconds! My sister put it best: "It's not the kind of dessert that you say this is sooo rich, but it is tasty."

As for making this recipe, there were several steps and a decent amount of preparation, but overall it was relatively easy to make. Lots of ingredients needed to be at room temperature, so I set those out ahead of time, prepped what I could and then put it all together after dinner. I definitely dug the yummy fragrance of the topping as it neared the end of baking (65 min for me).

Here's a shot of the gang digging in!

1 comment:

  1. Hat's off to you both for trying this recipe even though it seemed weird -- good for you! I'm glad the boys liked it :)

    ReplyDelete