Background

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cheesecake Cupcakes - by Lisa

"I think I need to eat another one." Yes, those words left my mouth mere minutes after I devoured one of these luscious little treats. :) I meant to make these earlier in the week, but with hubby out of town for a few of those days, I just didn't have the time or energy available. Besides, I would have been tempted to gobble these up all myself and that just wouldn't be very fair!

Anywho, these were really pretty easy to make - especially the crust like Summer said! I opted to use the Nilla Wafers for mine, and I think it turned out just fine. I was a little concerned at first that they would be too small of a base, but the cheesecake enveloped them nicely and it all worked out quite well. However, "mommy brain" is clearly in full force because even tho I noted earlier in the week that there were several ingredients that needed to be at room temperature AND was happily reminded of this in Summer's recap, I still forgot to set out said ingredients ahead of time. It all worked out tho. :)

This was the first time I'd ever made any kind of cheesecake, and I was delighted to find it so simple to do. The only downside was that like Summer, my cupcakes deflated pretty substantially.

My only guess is that I beat in too much air during the mixing process. Kind of reminded me of Mt. St Helens. Tee hee! It doesn't matter all that much tho, because they still tasted just fabulous! I say this recipe is definitely a keeper!

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious Lisa. I love making anything that involves cheesecake. I feel so accomplished when I done :)

    ReplyDelete