Background

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Bread - by Lisa

I know I had every intention of spreading out my baking throughout the month. However, Hubby was out of town for two weeks, so that made baking a bit of a challenge! Besides, it's not as much fun when he isn't here to sample the goods. :)

Oh my - this bread made the whole house smell amazing! Pumpkin flavored items are hit or miss for me, but this one was for sure a winner (of "full of win" as some would say). I included everything listed in the recipe save for the nutmeg and walnuts. The only thing I needed to purchase for this recipe was the canned pumpkin which is no problem to find this time of year! :) I also didn't have quite enough mini-chocolate chips on hand, so I added in about a quarter cup of regular cc's.


This recipe was super easy to whip up this afternoon. The bread cooked for about 50 min on the convection setting. I let it cool for about an hour before I could no longer resist trying a bite. The bread was perfectly moist and the chips were evenly distributed. The pumpkin flavoring was just right, and the whole thing was simply delicious! I will definitely be adding this to my list of quick bread recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment