Background

Friday, October 21, 2011

Baked Apples - by Summer

We finally have some nice cool fall weather, so I couldn't wait to try making these apples.  The only thing that I needed to pick up extra was the apple cider for this recipe.  And then I had to keep my husband from drinking all of it before I made this recipe.

It was actually fun to put together.  I wasn't too sure about using a melon baller to get the core out of the apple, but it worked really well.  I managed to get these in the oven just before we sat down to eat dinner.  I had to get up a few times to baste the apples with the apple cider, but it was super easy to make.

I really liked the taste of the apples and the filling.  I thought they could have baked a little bit longer.  They weren't quite as mushy as I would have wanted them to be.  I don't know why it always seemed like making baked apples would be a lot harder.  My son thought these were really tasty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment