Background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cupcakes - by Lisa

This was a really quick and easy recipe to throw together! I didn't have to buy any special ingredients, and the only help I required was for my hubby to brew the coffee for me. I was a little concerned that I had messed up the butter/sugar step by not beating it long enough. The batter was really gritty and it just looked like the butter wasn't incorporated enough. You can kind of see it in this picture.


But once the flour mixture was added in and they came out of the oven, they looked great! I baked them exactly 20 minutes which seemed to be just right. They were very slightly crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. I opted to top them with a dusting of powdered sugar per Beth's suggestion which I thought was great. Tho when hubby saw Summer's version, he was jealous of the chocolate frosting on hers! He still liked mine just fine tho.

Times like this one are when I really wish I liked coffee. :( Living in Seattle and being a non-coffee drinker is quite the unusual combination! These cupcakes would have been very tasty for me if they didn't include brewed coffee in the recipe. I was pretty certain that all I'd want to take is one bite. To my initial surprise, I didn't taste the coffee flavor at first, so I got to enjoy the taste and texture of the cupcake. But a few moments after swallowing my bite, the coffee aftertaste came on pretty strong. Regular coffee drinkers won't likely notice the aftertaste, but I could definitely tell it was there. It's ok tho, my hubby will be the hero of his office tomorrow morning when he brings them all in to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment