Background

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler

 I was really excited to make this recipe.  On Saturday morning we set out to our local Farmer's Market.  I had hoped to purchase the blackberries there, but unfortunately there weren't any!  So I had to run to the grocery store to get them. 

This recipe was really easy and like the previous week - you let the fruit, in this case blackberries, hang out in sugar and tapioca for a few minutes which allows you the time to make the topping. 
In this case, the topping was biscuit-like.  I ended up having more topping than room in my pie plate.  While the recipe states plopping 6-8 tablespoons on dough on top of the blackberries, I could only fit 6.  Then I had to start adding more dough on top of the 6 piles that I had already made.  It didn't look particularly neat, but it didn't impact the taste at all.

I almost used a combination of blackberries and raspberries, but I didn't.  If I were to make this again, I probably would use a few blackberries, but add raspberries, blueberries and even some strawberries to the mix.  We had friends over to help sample this on Saturday evening and while we all like the dessert, we agreed that blackberries weren't our favorite berry.  But the cobbler topping was a nice change from the crisps that I tend to make.  It's great to have other options for a quick and easy summertime dessert. 

2 comments:

  1. Another great summer dish. Looks picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you enjoyed it. :) I bet it would be great with a berry mix!

    ReplyDelete