Background

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Perfect Circles by Lisa

Over the last year, I've become obsessed with decorating sugar cookies. I used to hate it, but now that I know how to use royal icing, it has become a very enjoyable pastime for me! One thing I've started doing is using round shapes with fluted edges and then decorating the inside. However, this requires a pretty steady hand at drawing a good circle for the interior design. And I really don't have good luck with that. BUT! I came up with a great idea for getting that circle perfect every time.


Before baking the cookies, I use a smaller round cookie cutter and gently press that into the dough on the cookie just enough to give me an outline to follow. Then when the cookies are out of the oven and cool enough for me to apply my border, I have the perfectly formed circle shape to follow along! No one can tell those guides were there once the cookie is all decorated, and I have nice even and consistently sized circles to show for it. :) (Now I just need to practice getting the circles centered! LOL!)



1 comment: