Sometimes things don't quite go as planned. I was really excited to make this recipe since I was suppose to host brunch for a couple of old friends. Unfortunately the brunch got canceled at the last minute AND I somehow misread the recipe, so the biscotti looks a little different.
My little guy made the recipe yesterday while baby girl was napping. The great thing about the recipe is that the only thing I needed to pick up were the hazelnuts. After making the the Rosemary Biscotti last year, I knew that this one wouldn't be hard - just time consuming, since it needs to bake and then sliced and finally toasted.
We mixed the the ingredients together:
As I was shaping them into logs, I felt like they were super sticky and didn't remember the other biscotti being this difficult to manage. When I peeked into the oven to see if they were done, I knew there was a problem. They had spread a lot! They were touching each other! Oh no - what had I done wrong. I immediately read through the recipe and sure enough, I found my mistake - I used baking soda instead of baking powder!
|After - I had to cut them apart!|
As it turns out, they were still very tasty. They were a little crumbly, but over all the taste was really good. This recipe makes quite a few and fortunately my husband was heading out this afternoon to help some friends move, so I gave him a bunch as a little housewarming treat! I definitely want to make these again, but correctly to see if the taste is any different (better!)