Background

Monday, April 30, 2012

White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes - by Lisa

I decided this would be a fun recipe to do with my sous-chef. :) We had a lazy rainy Monday and what better diversion than some time in the kitchen, right? Caiden was a great helper on this one, and his little brother even got to assist us.

While Caiden lined the cupcake pan, I chopped up the white chocolate chips and the strawberries.


Next Caiden sifted the flour mixture while I Ezra and I put the butter and sugar into the mixing bowl.


Caiden also got a lesson in how to zest a lemon. After I beat in the eggs, Caiden helped stir in the flour, wet mixture and chocolate and berries.


I managed the filling of the cups, and we even had enough left over to make some mini-cupcakes. The big ones took about 24 minutes to bake, and the minis were done in 16 minutes. I left them to cool completely and then a couple hours later, I added the glaze topping. I took a note from Summer, and made half as much glaze, but I wished I made it a little thicker.

These turned out pretty tasty. I agree with Summer - I think these are much more like muffins than cupcakes. They were definitely a big hit with my little chefs in training. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment