Background

Friday, April 27, 2012

Pecan Pie Bars - by Lisa

Ya know...I don't think I've ever had a slice of pecan pie! Crazy, I know, but I tend to go for the fruit pies or chocolate. Judging from the list of ingredients, I did think this looked pretty good and looked forward to trying it! (Actually, I wanted to try Summer's with that lovely chocolate drizzled over it! :) )

This was super simple to whip up. I made the crust in the food processor, and while that was baking I made up the filling. You can't go wrong with eggs, honey, brown sugar, butter and vanilla! :) I was especially excited to use the honey my sister got me hooked on. Her co-worker makes it, and my little town is featured on the label. :)


 
My sou-chef assisted with the whisking, then I poured the mixture over the crust and let it bake for 20 more minutes.
You are supposed to let it completely cool before cutting into it, but the mouth-watering aroma was driving me mad. I let it cool for about 15 minutes before digging in.

Oh wow! This is one super yummy dessert! And I love how easy it would be to serve at a party or pot luck! This was a big win all around, and I am excited to make it again one day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment