Background

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Warm Gingerbread Pudding Cake - by Summer

Not only have I never made a pudding cake before, I have never eaten one either.  I wasn't sure what to expect from this recipe, however, this past Christmas was the first time I ever made gingerbread cookies.  I loved making them, so when I saw this recipe, I knew I wanted to try it!

Like Lisa - finding the crystallized ginger was a bit of a challenge.  My normal grocery store didn't carry it, so I went to a different one that had it way over priced.  I ended up going to a Penzey Spices store.  The women working were super helpful and I found the ginger much more reasonably priced.

The recipe was pretty easy to follow.  The water on top of the cake looked very strange, but fortunately Lisa posted first.  I could tell from her picture, that I was doing things right.

 Just out of the oven

I think I could have cooked the cake a couple of minutes longer, although it was springy and cracked on top.  My husband is a fan of whipped cream, so of course he was game to try it.  Here is his serving:
 Although, now that I look at the picture of the one to show off this dessert, it appears to have just as much whipping cream!
I thought this dessert was pretty good.  I can see how it would be great during the holidays or on a really cold winter day.  Of course the challenge that I would find is trying to make it for company.  To serve warm, means you need to make it while your guests are present, and I am the type that likes to have as much prepared prior to the guests arrival.

2 comments:

  1. this pudding cake looks absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penzey Spice store!.. i would spend all of my money on herbs and spices there... awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete