Background

Monday, November 7, 2011

Gingersnaps - by Summer

I picked this recipe because it seemed like a good fall recipe.  I am so glad I picked it.  It's one of those cookies that seemed like it would be hard to make.  But that couldn't be further than the truth.  The only special ingredient that I needed to pick up was the molasses.  I had some blackstrap molasses, but I didn't know if that would work, so I just picked up some regular molasses. 

This dough came together very quickly.  The recipe said to mix the flour with the butter/sugar/molasses mixture by hand.  In hindsight, I would have used the mixer on the stir setting.  The dough was pretty stiff. 

Next up is forming the dough into balls, rolling in sugar, and then flattening into discs.  A funny note - my little guy (who now must ALWAYS help me bake) said they looked like donuts (donut holes more precisely) when I rolled them into balls.

I popped them in the oven and they baked for 11 or 10 minutes depending on the pan I used.  I have 2 air-bake cookie sheets and the cookies baked for 11 minutes on those, but they turned out better.  Next time I will only use those pans.  And believe me, there will be a next time.  I loved this cookie.  We all did in my family.  I baked them on Saturday and by today (Monday), they are all gone!  I definitely will add this cookie to my regular cookie making list!

No comments:

Post a Comment