Background

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cookies-And-Cream Cheesecake Bars - by Lisa

Man, I am getting in a bad habit of baking and then taking days to post about it! I actually made this on Monday, but didn't get the chance to write about it until now. I can tell you that the advantage to doing so allowed me to figure out that this dessert seems to get even better after a day or two in the fridge! :)

This was my first time making a full cheesecake. Last year we made the cheesecake cupcakes, so I had something of an idea for what to expect. I was again pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to make a cheesecake! I don't know why I have it in my head that it is a complicated affair. Because it's not! Anywho, thanks to Summer's notes, I was diligent about setting out the ingredients that needed to be at room temperature, so I didn't have to worry about that. The rest was real easy to pull together - Oreo cookie base, filling, more Oreos in the filling. Then cool, bake, chill and eat!

Oreo filling - yum!

Fresh out of the oven
At first I wasn't sure if I liked them that much, but then by day two, I was certain that this recipe was a winner! However, since it makes so much, I opted to send half the pan to Hubby's work where they were promptly devoured. Woo hoo! :) I look forward to making this again and maybe even experimenting with my own cheesecake flavors. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment