Background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chocolate Rum Balls - by Summer



I put off making these so long, that I actually went through one package of Oreos . . . they are dangerous to keep in the house!  At first I wasn't going to use my food processor to make these.  We are making progress with the kids being less scared of it, but it isn't very big, so I wasn't sure if it would all fit.  Plus, I thought it would be a great activity for my little guy to help me out when I was pounding the Oreos. 

After pounding out the cookies, I decided that they weren't crushed enough, so I put them into the food processor with the rest of the dry ingredients and pulsed them together.  It just barely fit, so I mixed the rum and honey by hand and let it rest in the fridge for a few hours. 

He liked to flatten them
While I was rolling them into balls, my son wanted to help make the "cookies" as he called them.  My mom helped him roll out a few.

These were easier to roll into balls than the truffles.  I just used black sprinkles, since I had a huge supply of them.  Like Lisa, I agree that they tasted a little strong with the rum.  But they were easy and make a great gift or hostess present.



No comments:

Post a Comment