Background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Double Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding - by Summer

I was excited to try this recipe when my parents were in town.  My dad likes bread pudding and hadn't had any in years.  I found a French bakery that sells chocolate croissants, so we were in business.  This was quite easy to make - tear up croissants, whip some eggs and cream and melt some chocolate.
Pour the liquid over the croissants, let sit and bake.  I was excited because this was suppose to be rich with chocolate. 

The reviews were mixed on this.  I felt there was too much bread and it wasn't chocolately enough.  My mom thought it was too chocolately.  My dad didn't think there was enough "pudding" and it just wasn't my husbands cup of tea. 

In hindsight, I probably should have made half of a recipe.  Even sharing with my parents - it was way too much.  I actually wouldn't mind try making it again, but I would use less croissants.  And I think I would skip the chocolate ones (they are more expensive) and just add chocolate chips like the recipe suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment