Background

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sour Cream Coffee Cake - by Summer


I'm back to baking and it sure does feel good!  Just even a week ago, I couldn't imagine finding the time to bake without a baby permanently attached to me, but as they say, babies sure do change quickly.

I am glad we started back with this recipe.  I completely agree with Lisa - it was easy and very, very tasty!  I followed the recipe exactly and it baked perfectly in 45 minutes.  I made this on Thursday, but we didn't eat it until Friday.  We had some friends over (they have a baby 3 days younger than ours!) and everyone agree that it was delicious!  

I ended up making the glaze just before serving on Friday.  I ended up using more milk than the recipe called for to make it more glaze-like.  In the future, I think I would use even more milk to make it a little be more runny.

I actually plan on making this again next weekend when my parents are in town.  It's so easy and looks impressive with the cinnamon swirl in the middle.

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Can't wait to taste it next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready. I'll bring my own napkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you liked it! And that you're back to baking -- that is really impressive!! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete