Background

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Final Musings - by Lisa

I can't believe this project is finally at an end. Through the duration of this project, I have lived in four different houses (and learned four new ovens), moved halfway across the country from WA back to my home state of IL, and gave birth to another son. (Luckily, we are at long last in our final house!)

I am so happy Summer and I did this project together for many reasons. For one, while I really wish we lived closer to each other, I feel this endeavor has honestly made the distance seem just a little bit shorter. I also learned SO MUCH throughout these last couple of years. Focusing so intently on baking has helped me understand just how passionate I am about it, and showed me what areas I can continue to grow in. There were so many recipes I never would have tried in this cookbook mostly because I wasn't familiar with what they were, or I was afraid I wouldn't like how it would taste. Baking our way thru this book has seriously broadened my dessert palette, and I am so grateful for that. So many recipes caught me by surprise when I discovered either how simple they were to make or how delicious they were (or oftentimes, both!).

I am really excited for the next chapter of our blog! I look forward to continuing to challenge myself and try out new recipes. I also love that Summer and I will have a place to share tips & tricks with each other as we continue to grow as bakers.

Thank you for joining us on our baking journey. I hope you'll stay with us on our new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment