Background

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Toblerone Brownies - by Lisa

Talk about a bite of heaven! Few things are better than homemade brownies fresh out of the oven! This was a pretty easy recipe for me. Luckily, I didn't have the troubles Summer did with finding the bittersweet Toblerone and managed to find it at my regular grocery store. I was just lazy about waiting to make it until the weekend. :)

There wasn't anything too complicated in this recipe. I just had to take the extra time to chop the chocolate (still need to find a way to get more efficient with that). Melting it with the butter in the double broiler was a breeze and as always, using my stand mixer makes short work of whisking ingredients together. Although, I did follow the instructions verbatim for mixing in the chocolate chips and flour mixture by hand. The only thing I omitted was the optional walnuts.

Lucky for me, Summer's experience with the baking of these brownies tipped me off to bake them a little longer. I ended up keeping them in the oven for 38 minutes. They ended up being just the slightest bit gooey in the middle which is just how I like my brownies! As good as these were, I can't wait to try out the recipe Beth posted for fudgy toffee-pecan brownies. That has my mouth watering!

Hubby sampling the goods

No comments:

Post a Comment