Background

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Bread - by Summer


One of my favorite things about fall is pumpkin!  I love pumpkin-stuff and only discovered it as an adult.  I'm always searching for new recipes that include pumpkin - cakes, cookies, pies . . . so I was thrilled to make this pumpkin bread recipe.  October is the perfect time for pumpkins!

Stirring the flour mixture
This recipe was really easy to make.  I have canned pumpkin on hand, so I didn't have to make any additional purchases for this recipe. My little guy loves baking, so he helped me make the bread!  It's super easy to pull everything together.  The recipe called for mini-chocolate chips, which I didn't have.  I thought about putting in regular chocolate chips, but my husband likes his quick breads (banana/zucchini) plain, so I omitted them. 

Mine baked for about 60 minutes.  My pan was slightly larger than 9x5, so I think it could have been pulled out a couple of minutes sooner.  I really like the flavor of this bread.  I think the ground cloves is what made the difference.  I will definitely be making this bread again and again.  As my son would say - "Yummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment