Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baked Apples - by Lisa

Why I kept putting this one off is beyond me. It was so easy to make and tasted oh so good! Hubby said he was trying hard to eat it slowly so that he could savor each bite! I pretty much had everything I needed on hand, and both the cider and (Jonagold) apples were fresh from a recent visit to the local orchard! I had to make sure to get these baked before we polished off all the cider!

Like Summer mentioned, I was a little apprehensive about using a melon baller to remove the cores, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked! It really made a nice size well in the apple for the filling.

The apples softened pretty nicely although one lost most of its peel during the last 15 min. Again, the whole house smelled delicious. I just love baking fall themed items when the weather turns! These will definitely be something I make again. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment