Background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes - by Summer



I decided to make these for a brunch I was hosting (which didn't end up happening). I thought that even though they are called "cupcakes", they seemed more like a muffin because they were topped with a glaze instead of frosting.

I like the combination of white chocolate chips, strawberries and lemon zest.  They made for a pretty batter - and seemed very spring like!  They came together really quickly and filled up the muffin pan.
They baked for about 25 minutes and were done.  I waited until the next morning to glaze.  At first the glaze (which was made from lemon juice and powdered sugar) was pretty thin, so I ended up thickening it before putting it on the rest of the cupcakes. I decided that glazing cupcakes is really tough.  They got pretty messy, so I was kind of disappointed in that.  I ended up not using too much glaze on them because I didn't want an even bigger mess.

I liked the taste, although I think I might have chopped up the white chocolate chips too small.  In fact, the recipe calls for chopping them up, but I think I would leave them as whole chips. I would definitely try making these again - perhaps with blueberries or raspberries.  I would also start with only a half cup of powdered sugar and way less lemon juice for the glaze.  I had a lot of glaze left over.  This is a fun, lighter type of cupcake and it would definitely work well for a brunch or breakfast any day in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment